Monday, March 8, 2010

First Post

Today I officially didn't get picked as a Live Off Groupon Finalist. So that sucks, but the whole contest thing still inspired me to get off my ass and do something fun. Plus since I'm not going with them, I don't have to follow their rules, which seems like a good thing.

However, the appeal for the Live Off Groupon contest was that I would actually have to *pay* for anything while I traveled around the country. That's where this whole thing gets tricky, because usually in order to make money to do stuff you have to have a job, but usually a job restricts you from being able to do things. Classic Catch-whatever....

But today we have the internet, that thing that allows everyone to be connected to everyone else, no matter where they are. I'm hoping that this "internet" thing is going to be the solution to my problem. There are a whole host of websites that allow you to work from "home" for a pitiful wage, but pitiful amounts are all I really need in order to attempt my adventure. And that adventure begins here. I'm going to try to find some work at home jobs and begin my travel fund, blogging about it all the way, of course, to make my way across the country. Sound craxy? I thought so...

I'm about to become a neo-vagabond!

No comments:

Post a Comment